- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 rashers of bacon, chopped
- 1 to 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 3 eggs
- butter or oil
- Cook the chopped bacon in the frying pan and then put to one side.
- Using the same pan, cook the chopped onion in a little oil until light brown. Add the cooked bacon and chopped tomatoes, along with a little salt and pepper to taste, then cook until the tomato is soft.
- Make several wells in the mixture with a spoon, crack an egg into each well and cook on a very gentle heat. Cover the pan with a lid for a small period of time to cook the eggs through.
- This is delicious served straight on to a piece of bread or toast.
Variation:To make this dish go further, add a can of bakedbeans to the mixture and stir through beforeadding the eggs. The tomato and onion mixture can be seasonedwith fresh herbs or a very light sprinkling ofmixed dried herbs.
TIP: Add a little curry powder before adding the eggs for a simple & tasty variation.