This delicious and versatile recipe is perfect for lunch or dinner.
about an hour
- 300g can cannellini beans, drained
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 1 cup fresh basil chopped or 2 tsp of basil paste
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 egg whites whisked
- ½ cup of fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tabs oil to shallow fry
- Place the cannellini beans into a bowl and mash until smooth.
- Add chicken, onion, stock cubes, basil and cumin.
- Mix all ingredients well and chill for 10 to 20 minutes
- Shape into 6 large patties or small balls then dip into the egg white and roll in breadcrumbs
- Cook rissoles for 4 minutes each side.
These are great when served on a bun with mayo and salad or straight on a plate with vegetables or salad.
In Recipe Types: