1kg beef diced
4 whole cloves
2 bay leaves
1 dice onions
1 clove minced garlic
1cm piece crushed ginger
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup coconut cream
1. Toss beef in a large snap lock bag and coat well with the spice mix.
2. In a hot camp oven with a little oil fry off the whole cloves, bay leaves, onions, garlic and ginger until they begin to darken.
3. Add the tomato paste and cook for a minute stirring well before adding the beef coated in spices. Allow the meat to brown for 5 minutes.
4. Add chicken stock and coconut cream and let cook low and slow on the sideplate for 4-5 hours or until beef is melt in the mouth tender.
5. Throw in some diced potatoes a half an hour before dish is cooked.