- 1 kg chicken mince
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 bacon rashes - chopped (cook bacon rashers prior to adding to mince mixture)
- 1/3 to ½ cup rolled oats,
- ¼ cup grated zucchini
- 1 tsp of Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup grated cheese, or sour light cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley or 1 tsp of parsley (deli paste)
- 1 egg
Add onion and bacon to the chicken mince and combine. Add all other ingredients and mix well.
Shape the mince mixture into a loaf, wrap in foil and cook for roughly 30 minutes and check to see if cooked. Once the loaf is cooked through, let it rest for 10 minutes before serving. Lovely with a nice, fresh green salad!