- You will need a 15cm x 25cm loaf pan for this recipe
- 425g can mango slices in natural juice
- 500g mixed dried fruit
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda (sifted)
- 1 ½ cup S.R. flour (sifted)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Grease the loaf pan and line base and sides with baking paper.
- Combine the undrained mango slices, mixed dried fruit and water in a large pan then bring to the boil.
- Allow mixture to cool and stir in the combined sifted bicarb soda and flour with the eggs.
- Mix everything well, then pour mixture into prepared tin.
- Bake on slow oven 160C for about 1 hour, or until cooked when tested
- Allow to cool in cake tin before slicing.
In Recipe Types:
Camp Oven Cooking