A really easy dessert to make in the camp oven. You can jazz it up using your favourite cake recipe but I find it easier with a packet mix when in the bush.
- 2 x packet butter cake mix + required ingredients to add to mix
- 1 large can diced pears - juice drained. Any canned fruit could be used such as apples, fruit salad or pineapple.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Mix up cake mix as per packet instructions.
- Grease and flour a cake tin, then sprinkle brown sugar on the bottom of the tin.
- Add pears then pour cake mix on top.
- Place cake tin in camp oven and bake on the Ozpig with coals/heat beads on top and bottom until cake springs back when pressed and a skewer comes out clean.
- Great served while still warm with cold custard!
In Recipe Types:
Camp Oven Cooking