- 1kg mixed fruit
- 2 cups of water
- 5 teaspoons of coffee powder or granules
- ¼ cup of glazed ginger (do not soak the ginger as it will be added with dry ingredients).
- 2 cups S.R. Flour
- 150g block of fruit & nut chocolate
- Place ¾ of the mixed fruit in a large bowl and add combined water and coffee, then soak overnight. (Do not drain the fruit at any point).
- Next morning, add the flour, remaining dried fruit and broken chocolate to the soaked mix then stir through well.
- Place into a baking dish and bake inside your camp oven @180 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tin, then slice into portions.
In Recipe Types:
Camp Oven Cooking