Brad�s Beef short ribs with Sticky BBQ sauce glaze
Camp Oven Cooking
- 1 rack Beef short ribs (or more depending on amount of serves needed)
- 2 litres apple juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Heat oil in a saucepan over the Ozpig and saute garlic until browned.
- Add remaining BBQ glaze ingredients and bring to a slow simmer.
- Continue simmering for 15 minutes until glaze thickens then cover and move to warming tray to keep warm.
- Add Apple juice and brown sugar to a camp oven and bring to the boil over the Ozpig fire. When boiling add ribs and continue to boil rapidly with camp oven lid on for half an hour or longer until ribs have shrunken and are starting to come away from the bone.
- Remove ribs from liquid and discard liquid. Place trivet in camp oven and cover with foil. Foil doesn't NEED to be used but you will be glad you did when it comes time to clean the camp oven.
- Add ribs to camp oven and glaze both sides of ribs with BBQ glaze using a pastry or BBQ brush.
- Place lid on camp oven and place on fairly hot Ozpig fire for up to an hour. Baste ribs every 10 minutes on both sides with glaze and turn ribs over with each baste.
- When cooked slice each rib individually and recoat with BBQ glaze.
- Serve with garden salad, coleslaw or jacket potatoes.