- 500g of Chicken thigh fillets cut into large serving pieces
- (For added flavour add _ dozen chicken wings remove tips and cut into 2 sections)
- 1 white onion sliced thinly
- 2 rashers of bacon sliced
- 1 to 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tin of crushed tomatoes or 1 jar of pasta sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic - crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- _ cup white wine
- 2 thickly diced zucchini
- 1 cup of frozen peas / or broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp parsley paste and 1 of basil (this past can be purchased in a tube and can be found in the fruit and veg section of your supermarket)
- 250 ml chicken stock or 2 chicken cubes in water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coat the chicken pieces with a little plain flour to coat and cook in a little oil until lightly brown. Remove from pan and keep to one side.
- Add bacon, garlic and onions and cook until soft.
- Add tomato paste and cook for 1 to 2 minutes stirring all the time
- Add the wine and cook until almost evaporated.
- Add pasta sauce, chicken stock, basil, parsley and bay leaf then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove Bay leaf and add the zucchini then allow to simmer further until cooked
- Cook the pasta and add 1 cup of frozen peas or broccoli florets 5 minutes prior to draining the pasta. Drain the pasta and drizzle a little olive oil through.
- Adding a cup of sour lite cream and fresh grated parmesan cheese prior to serving, will add yet another flavour to this dish.