EASY BRAISED BEEF
Camp Oven Cooking
- 2 kg�s chuck steak (thickly diced)
- 2 packets French Onion soup
- 2 cups water or enough water to cover the meat
- (For Beef Pie)
- 2 sheets of frozen puff pastry
- Coat the beef chunks in flour and fry in the bottom of your camp oven in small batches until brown.
- Return all meat to the camp oven when completed and add enough water to cover.
- Add the French onion soup mix and stir through gently.
- Simply simmer for 3 hours.
- For a full bodied stew add vegetables any of your choice such as potato, sweet potato, peas and diced carrot.
- For a curry flavour just add 2 tablespoons of Keen�s Curry Powder.
- To even more flavour add 1 tablespoon of wholegrain mustard, diced bacon and a bay leaf or two.
Delicious beef pie : You will need 2 sheets of frozen puff pastry and left over cold braised beef.
- Pre-heat your camp oven to around 180 degrees.
- Spray a pie pan lightly with oil and line with one sheet of pastry � taking the pastry up over the sides.
- Fill the pie base with Braised beef and cover with the 2nd> sheet of pastry. Trim the edges, cut a small air hole in the top and dab a little milk over the top to help browning.
- Place in a pre-heated camp oven for around 35 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
- Stand for 5 minutes before serving with mashed potato and peas!