Pizza / Other
- 500g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon dried bakers yeast or 1 sachet if using sachets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 375mls lukewarm water
- This one has the following toppings but you can create your own if you wish.
- Crushed garlic
- Bacon pieces
- Grated cheese
- Place flour, yeast and salt in a bowl and mix.
- Make a well in the centre and add the lukewarm water.
- If water is too hot it will kill the yeast..too cool the yeast won't activate properly.
- Stir with a spoon until combined then turn dough out onto a floured board and knead for 10 minutes.
- Shape into a ball and place into a bowl with a damp tea towel covering the bowl.
- Place the bowl in a warm spot to prove for an hour or so or until it has doubled in size.
- Once proved punch the dough in the centre to knock it down and release the gas produced.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead for a few more minutes until smooth and back to original size.
- Roll into a flat round and place into the bottom of your camp oven. Allow to prove for a further 30 minutes.
- Place camp oven on your Ozpig with heat on top and bottom, cook until base sounds hollow.
- Add your toppings then continue to cook for another 10 minutes or until toppings have melted and browned.
- Place on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes then slice and serve.