Ozpig Beef Chili With Rice
Camp Oven Cooking
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 packet of chilli seasoning
- 500 g gravy beef pieces or extra-lean beef mince
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato pur�e
- 400 g can kidney beans
- 500ml beef or chicken stock
- Cooked white rice to serve
- Pour some oil in your camp oven and heat oil on medium heat.
- Put the beef pieces meat in the pot, then add the chopped brown onions and crushed garlic. Let the meat brown for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the tomato pur�e and chili seasoning. Continue cooking until the spices are toasted. Then, add the chopped tomatoes, beef stock and beans. Cover and let this simmer on low heat for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Once the beef is tender and falling apart, take it off the heat.
- Serve on top of rice