Delightful surprise slice (Choc Apricot Nut slice)
Camp Oven Cooking
- You will need a 20cmx30cm lamington pan for this recipe.
- _ cup S.R. Flour
- _ cup caster sugar
- _ desicated coconut
- _ cup ground almonds
- 60g unsalted butter, (melted)
- 1 cup apricots chopped
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup dark Choc Bits
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup pecan nuts
- 1 x 400g can condensed milk
- 1/3 cup flaked almonds
- Grease lamington pan and line base &
- 2 long opposite sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above edges of pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, desiccated coconut, ground almonds and butter in a large bowl and mix well.
- Press mixture evenly over the prepared base of the pan.
- Cook in a moderate oven 180 for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from stove, quickly layer apricots, choc bits, shredded coconut, hazelnuts &
- pecans over base
- Drizzle condensed milk over the top and sprinkle with flaked almonds.
- Return slice to oven and cook for a further 15 minutes or until browned. Allow to cool in the pan before slicing.