Gnocchi with a twist - Offroad Adventures
- 500g Ricotta cheese
- 150g Fresh parmesan
- 1 x Egg, lightly beaten
- 150g Plain flour
- Continental parsley
- Fresh basil leaves
- Fresh mint leaves
- Cooked peas
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Break up your ricotta cheese into a mixing bowl.
- Add 150g fresh parmesan, your egg adn 150g plain flour.
- Add a pinch of finely chopped parsley and gently mix together with your hands, just like a dough.
- Cut the dough into four logs, and dust with flour and roll out till the logs are roughly 35mm in diameter.
- Now cut your logs into bite size pieces of gnocchi and pop them into boiling water that has been well seasoned with salt.
- While your gnocchi is cooking heat a pan with 150g of butter and mint leaves, and a bout a cup of cooked peas.
- Once your gnocchi floats on the surface, it is done.
- Drain your gnocchi and add it to the pan and gently toss through.
- Add salt and pepper, and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and grate a litte fresh parmesan over the top and toss through gently and serve!