- 2 _ cups of Paella Rice or Risotto Rice
- 2 x Chorizo, cut into coins
- 500gms of Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Thighs, cut into large chunks
- 1 Large Spanish Onion, finely diced
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- About 6 Cups of Chicken Stock
- _ cup of Canned Chopped Tomatoes
- Large Pinch of Saffron
- 1 tsp of Smoked Sweet Paprika (important)
- About 4 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- _ cup of Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Have fire going really well in Ozpig with plenty of coals.
- In a large Paella pan, add 2 Tbsp of the oil and preheat it over high heat.
- Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper and allow it to brown on all sides.
- Move the chicken to one side, add the remaining oil and add the onion, chorizo and garlic.
- Add the rice and paprika and cook the rice for about a minute making sure to stir the whole time so it can soak up some of the flavor from the onion mixture.
- Add the canned tomatoes, stock and saffron, the mixture should go to boil, reduce the fire &
- cover the pan with either a lid or a couple layers of aluminium foil, and cook the mixture for about 15 minutes or until the rice is just about cooked but still has a bite.
- Remove the cover from the pan, arrange your seafood on the rice, making sure to tuck the mussels and clams in the mixture, cover the pan once again and let the mixture cook for about 10 minutes or until all the seafood is cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper, increase the fire and let the mixture cook for about a minute or until the rice starts to brown on the bottom and gets nice and toasty.
- Stir in the parsley, arrange some lemon wedges on the top and serve right away!