- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- Beat together the egg yolks, milk and butter (keep the egg whites aside for later use).
- Sift flour and sugar together, then make a well in the centre of this mix and add the beaten egg and milk.
- Stir/beat well to make a smooth batter, then let the mixture ‘stand’ for a couple of hours.
- Just prior to cooking, whip the egg whites until stiff and fold into your batter.
- Coat small pieces of fruit with the batter and place into heated the Wok of heated oil.
- Cook in batches to avoid overcrowding the Wok.
In Recipe Types: