This one is a perfect recipe to bake up a hot fresh loaf of bread using heat beads in the heat bead basket.
- 500g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon dried bakers yeast or 1 sachet if using sachets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 375mls lukewarm water
- Place flour, yeast and salt in a bowl and mix.
- Make a well in the centre and add the lukewarm water.
- If water is too hot it will kill the yeast..too cool the yeast won't activate properly.
- Stir with a spoon until combined then turn dough out onto a floured board and knead for 10 minutes.
- Shape into a ball and place into a bowl with a damp tea towel covering the bowl.
- Place the bowl in a warm spot to prove for an hour or so or until it has doubled in size.
- Once proved punch the dough in the centre to knock it down and release the gas produced.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead for a few more minutes until smooth and back to original size.
- Place dough into your loaf pan or in a cob shape onto a trivet and place into camp oven. Let stand in a warm spot for another 30 mins.
- If you wish you may brush bread with a little water and sprinkle poppy or sesame seeds on surface. Remove some beads from the basket and place on the camp oven lid then place the camp oven over the heat bead basket for 30-40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
In Recipe Types:
Camp Oven Cooking