200ml dry apple cider
1 chopped chilli (can be substituted for capsicum for kid friendly)
2 diced fresh tomatoes
2 diced eschallots
2 diced garlic cloves
1 tablespoon butter
juice of 1/2 lime
good handful fresh coriander and parsley
splash olive oil
1. Place butter and olive oil into a hot camp oven and add tomatoes, garlic, chilli and eschallots.
2. Stir and let cook for about 2 minutes until all flavours are released and becomes fragrant.
3. Tip in apple cider and allow to simmer slowly until reduced by half.
4. Add mussels then pop camp oven lid on to steam the mussels for 2-3 minutes or until shells open up.
5. Remove lid and add cream, lime juice and herbs give it a good stir and serve piping hot.