- 4 to 6 chicken legs (wings can also be used)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Plain Flour
- good pinch of salt & pepper,
- chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 leek (white part only thinly sliced (can be substituted with white onion)
- 1 celery stalk cut into 2 (to be removed before serving)
- 1 large carrot diced
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 tin Heinz big red tomato soup
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic
- Dash of white wine, ver juice or water
- 1tbsp Gourmet Garden Basil or Basil pesto
- Hand full of black kalamata olives ( optional)
This dish is best cooked on very low heat by sitting your pan on the top BBQ plate with the diffuser directly under the pan.
- Lightly coat the chicken legs in flour
- Heat olive oil in your pan, add the chicken legs and brown all over on a low heat.
- Add the sliced leek/onions, carrots, celery, diced garlic and the wine/ver juice or water.
- Combine ingredients well, then cover with lid and continue to cook on low for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid, add tomato soup and 1/2 cup of water, taste and season with more salt and pepper and basil pesto.
- Add sliced zucchini and olives to the pan and cook until tender
You can also add 2 bay leaves and or sliced capsicum for a richer taste.
Serve with rice, pasta or crusty bread