Assunta's Fish CurryRecipe by Assunta
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- 500 grams of firm fish such as spanish mackerel), thickly cubed
- 1 to 2 tabsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tabsp, Red curry paste
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp palm sugar or brown sugar
- Splash of fish sauce
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 to 2 cups of vegetables (eg: sliced capsicum, 1 small zucchini diced, fresh beans and or snow peas 1/2 cup pumpkin 1 carrot )
- In recipe types: Camp Oven Cooking
Heat a wok on your Ozpig and add the oil
Add curry paste and curry powder and and cook for a minute or two whilst stirring
Add the fish and stir until partially cooked
- Add 1 tblspn of water to lift the curry paste from the bottom of the wok
- Add the coconut milk and sugar, then cook for a minute
- Add the vegetables and cook until the vegetables and fish are cooked through
- Add a splash of fish sauce
- Taste to your liking - you may want to add a squeeze of lime juice just before serving
The volume of vegetables is up to you. I like to have a nice variety to add to the texture and taste.
I like to dice the carrot to be smaller than the pumpkin so it cooks through in a similar time. To speed up the cooking process I usually par cook these two vegetables before starting the curry.
Also, I find It is best to add the fish sauce just prior to serving to maintain its authentic flavour.