Beef Osso BuccoRecipe by Assunta
- Cooking time: 2 hours
- 4 pieces of thickly cut Osso Bucco (fat trimmed)
- ½ cup Plain Flour
- 1 tabs Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion diced thinly
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 2 parsnips cut into thick chunks
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup veal or beef stock
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In recipe types: Camp Oven Cooking
- Heat your camp oven and add oil.
- Add the Osso Bucco to the oil and cook both sides until lightly browned
- Remove from the pan, then add the onions, celery and parsnip to cook until lightly browned
- Add wine and allow all to boil for 1 minute.
- Add crushed garlic and rosemary, then place the Osso Bucco slices on top of the vegetables in a single layer if possible.
Use the diffuser under your camp oven to reduce the heat or alternately you may place the camp oven on to the side warming plate ensuring that the side of the pot is on direct contact with the side of the Ozpig. It is important to rotate the pot every 10 minutes.
Check half way through the cooking cycle as you may need to take the camp oven back to the top plate and add more stock
Replace parsnips with carrots, and fresh rosemary with 2 bay leaves or sprigs of thyme.