Ozpig Skirt Steak Tacos With Charred Corn Salsa RecipeRecipe by Ben Milbourne
- Cooking time: null
- 500 grams skirt steak
- 1 packet of Fajita spice mix
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ear of corn, charred
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup capsicum, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6-8 soft corn or wheat taco tortillas
- In recipe types: Chargrilling
Chargrill the corn in your Ozpig. Rub the corn with olive oil on all sides and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Rotate it every 3-4 minutes or until charred.
- For the skirt steak, drizzle and rub olive oil into the steak on both sides. Rub in the fajita mix.
- Grill the meat for 4-5 minutes on each side until medium rare or according to your desired doneness. Once done, thinly slice the meat.
- Meanwhile, place the taco at the edge of the grill to warm and soften, about 1 minute.
- Remove the charred corn from the cob and place it in a large bowl.
- Gently toss in diced tomatoes, red onion, avocado, lemon juice and capsicum. Season to taste.
Place the sliced meat on the tortilla, then top with the mixed vegetables. Add tabasco sauce if desired and serve!