250g special white flour
4g dry yeast
2.5g Baking powder
5g milk powder
200g warm milk
Char Sui Pork (BBQ Pork)
1kg Pork neck
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp five spice powder
1 tbsp hoisin Sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
Red food colour powder
500g chicken thigh
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp Chinese five spice
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tbsp corn flour
1/2 cup flour
Salt & white pepper
Vegetable oil for frying
1. Mix the flour, sugar, milk powder and baking powder in a large bowl. Dissolve the yeast in warm milk, then add milk and yeast mix to the flour mix. Mix into a soft dough.
2. Tip the dough out and roll into a long sausage shape, about 3cm thick, cut the dough into 40-45g peices. Pin into a ½ cm thick oval shape.
3. Brush lightly with vegetable oil on half of the dough across the centre of the oval and fold over onto itself to form a bun. Transfer it onto an oil sprayed steamer basket. Let the buns prove for 40 minutes in a warm place until it has doubled in size.
4. Steam for about for 8 minutes.
1. Slice pork neck to about a 1cm thickness and and lightly score the pork.
2. Combine all other ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Rub the marinade all over the pork and refrigerate overnight.
3. Prep the Ozpig and Smoker Oven to around 160°C.
4. Put the pork directly onto the rack with a water pan on the rack below.
5. Depending on the size of your pork, mine was around 700g, cook for around 45 minutes. Turn the pork over at the half way mark to get some colour on both sides.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to rest before slicing or dicing.
7. For the bao filling, dice the cooked pork and in a pan heat pork, hoi sin, soy sauce, sliced spring onions and a little water. Cook to a nice thick consistency.
1. Slice the chicken thigh in to strips.
2. Combine soy sauce, five spice, chilli, salt, pepper and corn flour. Marinate the chicken over night.
3. Prep the pig and heat vegetable oil in the camp oven to around 180°
4. Make an egg wash and season the flour with salt. 4. Dip the marinated chicken in the egg wash and coat with seasoned flour.
5. Fry chicken until browned and crispy.
|Specification||Traveller||Series 2||Big Pig|
(ground to top of chimney)
(ground to cooking surface)
(side to side)
|Cooking Surface||35cm x 25cm |
|26cm diameter round plate &|
34cm x 24cm large plate
|49cm x 21cm|
Removable stove top
|Door Opening||26cm Diameter||26cm Diameter||41cm x 16cm|
|Chimney Length||3 x 350mm pieces||3 x 300mm pieces||3 x 450mm pieces|
Choosing your Ozpig is just the beginning...
Ozpig stoves are tailor made for the outdoors. We created the Ozpig with a passion for the outdoors and a love for outdoor cooking and heating. With our unique open door, open top design, we have created outdoor stoves that give you flexibility in cooking while maximizing heat for your outdoor space.Learn More
We're excited you're joining us on this journey and we want to provide you with expert guidance, tips and tricks. Here at the Ozpig Oven Smoker Beginners Guide, you'll find everything from temperature and time charts, to understanding different types of fuel and how they work. We're glad you're here, simply click the tiles below to get started!Learn More
BUILT TOUGH TO WITHSTAND AUSSIE CONDITIONSThe Ozpig is born and bred in Australia and we know just how tough the conditions can be. With this knowledge behind us we’ve developed a 3 year limited structural warranty to give you piece of mind when it comes to buying your Ozpig. Unlike other cheaper products on the market only offering a 1 year warranty, we stand behind our product and know with the right care, your Ozpig will last as long you. Buy with Ozpig knowing you’re covered.Learn More
FIND A DEALER
The Ozpig is the clever Aussie invention created by the Shepherd family whose passion for great food and time spent with friends and family bought the concept to life, with a focus on real fire, real flavour and real heat. The Ozpig is more than just a grill. This is the ultimate in outdoor cooking and heating.