1 x sourdough loaf
6 rasher bacon
2 tablespoons butter
Small bunch chives
1 small bag mixed salad leaves
Splash white wine vinegar (into poaching water)
For the Hollandaise:
2 egg yolks
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (or can use lemon juice)
150g unsalted butter
Salt to taste
1. Prepare Ozpig Series 2 for cooking using the charcoal basket, add grill plate and heat. 2. Prepare the following before you begin - Slice sour dough and butter each side, fill small saucepan 1 inch with water (set aside), add butter to medium saucepan, chop chives, separate 2 eggs into bowl, crack each egg for poaching into separate bowls. 3. Spray grill and fry bacon on each side for 2 minutes, remove to oven to keep warm. Grill sourdough on each side, remove to oven to keep warm.
4. Heat 1 inch of water in small saucepan till small bubbles appear, melt butter in saucepan, once melted remove to jug and cool, remove any white solidified butter till left with clarified butter.
5. Insert heat proof bowl into saucepan with simmering water, add eggs yolks and whisk till smooth adding in 1 tablespoon of white vinegar, whisk, remove bowl onto a damp tea towel, keep whisking, gradually add a thin stream of butter into the egg, whisking till thick and smooth, pour into thermos to keep warm.
6. Add additional water to small saucepan (half way) and bring to a simmer over medium heat, gently pour in already cracked egg. Cook for 2 minutes for soft, 4 minutes for firm, remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper
7. To assemble place sour dough on plate, top with mixed lettuce, bacon, poach egg and pour over hollandaise, sprinkle chives, salt & pepper as desired.
When making hollandaise keep whisking and use a low heat so not to scramble eggs. Use a thermos to keep hollandaise warm while poaching eggs.The juice of a lemon can be added to the hollandaise for tartness. Fresh eggs work best for poaching.
|Specification||Traveller||Series 2||Big Pig|
(ground to top of chimney)
(ground to cooking surface)
(side to side)
|Cooking Surface||35cm x 25cm |
|26cm diameter round plate &|
34cm x 24cm large plate
|49cm x 21cm|
Removable stove top
|Door Opening||26cm Diameter||26cm Diameter||41cm x 16cm|
|Chimney Length||3 x 350mm pieces||3 x 300mm pieces||3 x 450mm pieces|
Choosing your Ozpig is just the beginning...
Ozpig stoves are tailor made for the outdoors. We created the Ozpig with a passion for the outdoors and a love for outdoor cooking and heating. With our unique open door, open top design, we have created outdoor stoves that give you flexibility in cooking while maximizing heat for your outdoor space.Learn More
We're excited you're joining us on this journey and we want to provide you with expert guidance, tips and tricks. Here at the Ozpig Oven Smoker Beginners Guide, you'll find everything from temperature and time charts, to understanding different types of fuel and how they work. We're glad you're here, simply click the tiles below to get started!Learn More
BUILT TOUGH TO WITHSTAND AUSSIE CONDITIONSThe Ozpig is born and bred in Australia and we know just how tough the conditions can be. With this knowledge behind us we’ve developed a 3 year limited structural warranty to give you piece of mind when it comes to buying your Ozpig. Unlike other cheaper products on the market only offering a 1 year warranty, we stand behind our product and know with the right care, your Ozpig will last as long you. Buy with Ozpig knowing you’re covered.Learn More
FIND A DEALER
The Ozpig is the clever Aussie invention created by the Shepherd family whose passion for great food and time spent with friends and family bought the concept to life, with a focus on real fire, real flavour and real heat. The Ozpig is more than just a grill. This is the ultimate in outdoor cooking and heating.