4 pork loin chops (around 1” thick – too thin and they will dry out)
1 cup plain flour
4 free-range eggs (beaten)
2 cups Japanese Panko breadcrumbs
1L canola oil
1 large potato
1 small brown onion
Good quality salt flakes
Golden Curry (medium hot version is the best flavour/heat ratio)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Peel potato, onion and carrot
2. Chop potatoes and carrots into 1” irregular chunks (chop on various angles so they’re random shapes of similar size – this is called Rangiri (random shape cuts). It adds to the visual appeal of the dish and more surface area allows for a quicker cook!
3. Slice onion into 1cm thick strips
4. Fire up the Ozpig and get the fire cranking!
5. As close to the fire as you can get (either using the Ozpig Stove Plate or the Big Pig Charcoal Plate) stir-fry vegetables in 1 tbsp vegetable oil for a 3-4 minutes
6. Add 500ml water and bring to boil then add broken up Golden Curry pieces
7. Place the Flat Iron BBQ Plate onto the Ozpig, stir until curry is all combined, then with the lid on, simmer (medium heat) the curry for 20 minutes to allow flavours to infuse
Handy Hint: To reduce the temperature of the curry simmering and achieve the perfect medium heat, simply reduce the amount of burning fuel under the pot.
Fried Pork Cutlet
1. Season pork cutlets with salt (both sides).
2. Tenderise cutlets with 5 stabs using a tenderiser tool (or a handful of skewers bunched together if you don’t have the tool (They’re readily available on eBay and come in handy for tendering most meat cuts).
3. If your pork has a thick fat cap, slice it along the cap (through until just before it touches the meat) 5 times. As the cutlet cooks, it will stop the cutlet twisting and buckling as the fat renders and shrinks).
4. Bring oil to perfect frying temperature (170C/340F) by either using the Ozpig Stove Plate or the Big Pig Charcoal Plate. If you don’t have a temperature probe, put a wooden chopstick in the hot oil and if you see little bubbles coming off the chopstick, you are ready to start frying.
5. Set up three mixing bowls in a line (plain flour, beaten eggs and panko breadcrumbs).
6. Each breadcrumb gets tossed in plain flour, then coated in egg (and shaken to remove excess), back into the flour, then back into the egg mix and finally into the panko breadcrumbs).
7. Fry pork for five minutes (flipping half-way to ensure an even fry).
8. Your cutlets are done once they are golden in colour (you will also hear the sound of the oil change as once the cutlet is fully cooked, it will start pushing out moisture, which causes a change in sound of the frying oil).
9. Fry your cutlets one at a time to master the skill. Practice makes perfect.
10. Once cooked, stand each cutlet on their side in a metal tray on a cooling rack (this allows residual oil to drip off and improves the crunch factor!).
11. Allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing into 2cm strips.
12. Serve with steamed rice and the vegetable curry.
|Specification||Traveller||Series 2||Big Pig|
(ground to top of chimney)
(ground to cooking surface)
(side to side)
|Cooking Surface||35cm x 25cm |
|26cm diameter round plate &|
34cm x 24cm large plate
|49cm x 21cm|
Removable stove top
|Door Opening||26cm Diameter||26cm Diameter||41cm x 16cm|
|Chimney Length||3 x 350mm pieces||3 x 300mm pieces||3 x 450mm pieces|
Choosing your Ozpig is just the beginning...
Ozpig stoves are tailor made for the outdoors. We created the Ozpig with a passion for the outdoors and a love for outdoor cooking and heating. With our unique open door, open top design, we have created outdoor stoves that give you flexibility in cooking while maximizing heat for your outdoor space.Learn More
We're excited you're joining us on this journey and we want to provide you with expert guidance, tips and tricks. Here at the Ozpig Oven Smoker Beginners Guide, you'll find everything from temperature and time charts, to understanding different types of fuel and how they work. We're glad you're here, simply click the tiles below to get started!Learn More
BUILT TOUGH TO WITHSTAND AUSSIE CONDITIONSThe Ozpig is born and bred in Australia and we know just how tough the conditions can be. With this knowledge behind us we’ve developed a 3 year limited structural warranty to give you piece of mind when it comes to buying your Ozpig. Unlike other cheaper products on the market only offering a 1 year warranty, we stand behind our product and know with the right care, your Ozpig will last as long you. Buy with Ozpig knowing you’re covered.Learn More
FIND A DEALER
The Ozpig is the clever Aussie invention created by the Shepherd family whose passion for great food and time spent with friends and family bought the concept to life, with a focus on real fire, real flavour and real heat. The Ozpig is more than just a grill. This is the ultimate in outdoor cooking and heating.