2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
1 cup of raw or brown sugar
2/3 cup of butter
1 cup of plain flour
1/2 tbsp baking soda
1. Mix the minced fresh ginger, egg, sugar and 2/3 cup butter in mixer or bowl. Tip - if you’re using white sugar, add a tablespoon of molasses/golden syrup/rice malt syrup.
2. Add the flour and the baking soda and continue to mix until combined.
3. Once mixed, roll into cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
4. Heat the Oven Smoker to 180 degrees.
5. Get your pizza stones ready by cutting baking paper to size. Alternatively, you can use baking paper sheets on the wire racks.
6. If you’re outside, be ready to work fast, as this is a short crust and will go soft very quickly.
7. Bring out the dough, flour the bench and your hands and start rolling biscuit size discs and getting them on the stones. Coat with a sprinkle of sugar.
8. Place into the Oven Smoker until golden and then remove and allow to rest for 10 minutes without handling them.
9. You can decorate them or have them as is! Enjoy!
|Specification||Traveller||Series 2||Big Pig|
(ground to top of chimney)
(ground to cooking surface)
(side to side)
|Cooking Surface||35cm x 25cm |
|26cm diameter round plate &|
34cm x 24cm large plate
|49cm x 21cm|
Removable stove top
|Door Opening||26cm Diameter||26cm Diameter||41cm x 16cm|
|Chimney Length||3 x 350mm pieces||3 x 300mm pieces||3 x 450mm pieces|
Choosing your Ozpig is just the beginning...
Ozpig stoves are tailor made for the outdoors. We created the Ozpig with a passion for the outdoors and a love for outdoor cooking and heating. With our unique open door, open top design, we have created outdoor stoves that give you flexibility in cooking while maximizing heat for your outdoor space.Learn More
We're excited you're joining us on this journey and we want to provide you with expert guidance, tips and tricks. Here at the Ozpig Oven Smoker Beginners Guide, you'll find everything from temperature and time charts, to understanding different types of fuel and how they work. We're glad you're here, simply click the tiles below to get started!Learn More
BUILT TOUGH TO WITHSTAND AUSSIE CONDITIONSThe Ozpig is born and bred in Australia and we know just how tough the conditions can be. With this knowledge behind us we’ve developed a 3 year limited structural warranty to give you piece of mind when it comes to buying your Ozpig. Unlike other cheaper products on the market only offering a 1 year warranty, we stand behind our product and know with the right care, your Ozpig will last as long you. Buy with Ozpig knowing you’re covered.Learn More
FIND A DEALER
The Ozpig is the clever Aussie invention created by the Shepherd family whose passion for great food and time spent with friends and family bought the concept to life, with a focus on real fire, real flavour and real heat. The Ozpig is more than just a grill. This is the ultimate in outdoor cooking and heating.