If you love pork belly and Korean sweet and spicy sauces, this recipe is an absolute treat! Rendering the fat in the belly slices makes a huge difference, so make sure you get that heat roaring hot!
Four pieces thick sliced pork belly (or a small piece of pork belly)
Super sharp knife
Spray oil (rice bran is the best due to its high smoke point)
Bulgogi marinade (we love the beef marinade for pork as it’s not as spicy)
11 wooden skewers (try to soak in water for couple of hours prior but if you don’t have time, just be careful not to have the wooden parts directly over the heat)
1. Fire up the Big Pig to get a roaring fire going and heat up both Chargrill plates.
2. Whilst the BigPig is heating up, thinly slice the pork belly (aim for fairly thin slices approx. ½ cm but close enough is good enough here!)
3. Spray Chargrills with oil and load on skewersCook until almost done (the fat will start shrinking and making the post glisten as it renders)
4. Dip whole skewers twice into bulgogi sauce (still in the store jar) and back onto grill.
5. Repeat Step #5 at least 3 times as not a lot of sauce will stick to the pork the first few times until the sugars in the sauce begin to caramelise and tack up
6. Cook for another few minutes (it’s almost impossible to dry out pork belly this way, so a big longer is better than underdone)
|Specification||Traveller||Series 2||Big Pig|
(ground to top of chimney)
(ground to cooking surface)
(side to side)
|Cooking Surface||35cm x 25cm |
|26cm diameter round plate &|
34cm x 24cm large plate
|49cm x 21cm|
Removable stove top
|Door Opening||26cm Diameter||26cm Diameter||41cm x 16cm|
|Chimney Length||3 x 350mm pieces||3 x 300mm pieces||3 x 450mm pieces|
Choosing your Ozpig is just the beginning...
Ozpig stoves are tailor made for the outdoors. We created the Ozpig with a passion for the outdoors and a love for outdoor cooking and heating. With our unique open door, open top design, we have created outdoor stoves that give you flexibility in cooking while maximizing heat for your outdoor space.Learn More
We're excited you're joining us on this journey and we want to provide you with expert guidance, tips and tricks. Here at the Ozpig Oven Smoker Beginners Guide, you'll find everything from temperature and time charts, to understanding different types of fuel and how they work. We're glad you're here, simply click the tiles below to get started!Learn More
BUILT TOUGH TO WITHSTAND AUSSIE CONDITIONSThe Ozpig is born and bred in Australia and we know just how tough the conditions can be. With this knowledge behind us we’ve developed a 3 year limited structural warranty to give you piece of mind when it comes to buying your Ozpig. Unlike other cheaper products on the market only offering a 1 year warranty, we stand behind our product and know with the right care, your Ozpig will last as long you. Buy with Ozpig knowing you’re covered.Learn More
FIND A DEALER
The Ozpig is the clever Aussie invention created by the Shepherd family whose passion for great food and time spent with friends and family bought the concept to life, with a focus on real fire, real flavour and real heat. The Ozpig is more than just a grill. This is the ultimate in outdoor cooking and heating.