500g Diced lamb rump
1/2 an onion
3 x cloves garlic
1 x carrot
1 tbsp flour
1 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 cup red wine
1 cup beef stock
3 sprigs rosemary
1 tbsp Butter
1 tsp paprika
Puff pastry sheets
1. Dice onion, garlic and carrot. Chop rosemary.
2. Prep the Ozpig for medium high and heat your pot.
3. Add the oil, butter, onion, garlic and carrot and saute until softened.
3. Season the diced lamb with salt, pepper and paprika. Add lamb to the pot and saute until browned. Add the flour and cook out for a few minutes.
4. Deglaze with red wine and add the tomato paste, cook out again for a few minutes.
5. Add the stock, rosemary and bay leaves then bring to a simmer. Cover with a lid and cook out on a lower heat for about an hour or so until the lamb is lovely and tender. Allow to cool.
6. Prep the Ozpig so you have some nice coals going on.
7. Spray the inside of your jaffle iron with a little canola and line with puff pastry. Fill with lamb, close the iron and place in hot coals.
Turn the jaffle iron every few minute to evenly cook the pastry and reheat the filling.
8. Remove pie from The jaffle iron, and serve with tomato sauce and vinegar or mint sauce and enjoy with a cold beer or glass of red.
|Specification||Traveller||Series 2||Big Pig|
(ground to top of chimney)
(ground to cooking surface)
(side to side)
|Cooking Surface||35cm x 25cm |
|26cm diameter round plate &|
34cm x 24cm large plate
|49cm x 21cm|
Removable stove top
|Door Opening||26cm Diameter||26cm Diameter||41cm x 16cm|
|Chimney Length||3 x 350mm pieces||3 x 300mm pieces||3 x 450mm pieces|
Choosing your Ozpig is just the beginning...
Ozpig stoves are tailor made for the outdoors. We created the Ozpig with a passion for the outdoors and a love for outdoor cooking and heating. With our unique open door, open top design, we have created outdoor stoves that give you flexibility in cooking while maximizing heat for your outdoor space.Learn More
We're excited you're joining us on this journey and we want to provide you with expert guidance, tips and tricks. Here at the Ozpig Oven Smoker Beginners Guide, you'll find everything from temperature and time charts, to understanding different types of fuel and how they work. We're glad you're here, simply click the tiles below to get started!Learn More
BUILT TOUGH TO WITHSTAND AUSSIE CONDITIONSThe Ozpig is born and bred in Australia and we know just how tough the conditions can be. With this knowledge behind us we’ve developed a 3 year limited structural warranty to give you piece of mind when it comes to buying your Ozpig. Unlike other cheaper products on the market only offering a 1 year warranty, we stand behind our product and know with the right care, your Ozpig will last as long you. Buy with Ozpig knowing you’re covered.Learn More
FIND A DEALER
The Ozpig is the clever Aussie invention created by the Shepherd family whose passion for great food and time spent with friends and family bought the concept to life, with a focus on real fire, real flavour and real heat. The Ozpig is more than just a grill. This is the ultimate in outdoor cooking and heating.