Sweet Short Pastry
75g castor sugar
50g egg (pretty much 1 egg) 300g flour
3 eggs at room temperature
1 cup castor sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup corn syrup (glucose)
1 1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Combine butter, sugar and vanilla then mix until there is no lumps.
2. While mixing, gradually add egg.
3. Add the flour and mix until a smooth paste.
4. Wrap in plastic and store in the fridge.
1. Pin out the sweet paste and line your tart pan. Gently press into the pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes before trimming off excess pastry.
2. Prep the Ozpig and camp oven for medium heat.
2. Combine egg, sugar, salt, vanilla, butter and glucose. Mix until well combined.
3. Add the pecans and mix then pore into the pastry lined pan.
4. Check your camp oven temperature, your looking for around 170°C. If you're good to go, place the tart pan on an aluminium tray on top of a trivet in the camp oven and close the lid. Place some hot coles on top of the lid for radiant heat from above.
5. Allow to bake for around an hour or until the pie is cooked through. Remove from the oven and place on a rack to cool then refrigerate.
6. Once cooled, remove pie from the pan, cut into slices and serve with vanilla ice cream.
|Specification||Traveller||Series 2||Big Pig|
(ground to top of chimney)
(ground to cooking surface)
(side to side)
|Cooking Surface||35cm x 25cm |
|26cm diameter round plate &|
34cm x 24cm large plate
|49cm x 21cm|
Removable stove top
|Door Opening||26cm Diameter||26cm Diameter||41cm x 16cm|
|Chimney Length||3 x 350mm pieces||3 x 300mm pieces||3 x 450mm pieces|
Choosing your Ozpig is just the beginning...
Ozpig stoves are tailor made for the outdoors. We created the Ozpig with a passion for the outdoors and a love for outdoor cooking and heating. With our unique open door, open top design, we have created outdoor stoves that give you flexibility in cooking while maximizing heat for your outdoor space.Learn More
We're excited you're joining us on this journey and we want to provide you with expert guidance, tips and tricks. Here at the Ozpig Oven Smoker Beginners Guide, you'll find everything from temperature and time charts, to understanding different types of fuel and how they work. We're glad you're here, simply click the tiles below to get started!Learn More
BUILT TOUGH TO WITHSTAND AUSSIE CONDITIONSThe Ozpig is born and bred in Australia and we know just how tough the conditions can be. With this knowledge behind us we’ve developed a 3 year limited structural warranty to give you piece of mind when it comes to buying your Ozpig. Unlike other cheaper products on the market only offering a 1 year warranty, we stand behind our product and know with the right care, your Ozpig will last as long you. Buy with Ozpig knowing you’re covered.Learn More
FIND A DEALER
The Ozpig is the clever Aussie invention created by the Shepherd family whose passion for great food and time spent with friends and family bought the concept to life, with a focus on real fire, real flavour and real heat. The Ozpig is more than just a grill. This is the ultimate in outdoor cooking and heating.