350g pitted prunes
4 cups water
100g dried apple slices
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground allspice
3/4 cups sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour (1/4 cup extra for kneading)
140g pure vegetable shortening 1/2 cup cold water mixed with 1/2 teaspoon; cider vinegar
2 to 3 tablespoons cinnamon sugar (to top pie)
1/4 cup custard powder
2 1/2 cups (625ml) milk
2 tbsp caster sugar
1. Place prunes and water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil on the Ozpig.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until prunes have softened about 10 minutes.
3. Remove the prunes with a slotted spoon and drain well. Add the apple slices to the prune liquid and simmer until softened- 15 minutes.
4. Drain apple well, discarding the liquid; dice the apples and reserve. Mash the prunes. Stir in the cinnamon, vanilla and allspice. Add sugar to taste. Stir in the diced apples. Cool.
1. Place 2 cups of the flour in processor. 2. Chop vegetable shortening into cubes, add to processor
2. Process till fine breadcrumbs.
3. Gradually add in water-vinegar mixture, processing till combined.
4. Flour bench, remove dough to bench, knead the dough gently until supple, divide it in half, and gather it into two rounds. If not using immediately. wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Remove the dough from the refrigerator 20 to 30 minutes before rolling it out.
5. To assemble and bake the pie: Preheat Ozpig Oven Smoker to 160 degrees Celsius
6. On a lightly floured surface, roll one round of dough info a circle about 54-inch thick and large enough to line a 12-inch pizza pan, or pie dish. We used a small cast iron dish & 2nd pie dish.
7. Gently press the dough into the pan. Prick the crust in several places with fork. Spread the filling evenly over the crust. Roll out the top crust and place it over the filling.
8. Trim any overhanging dough and flute the edges of the pie.
9. Use the points of kitchen scissors or a sharp knife to make decorative slashes in the top crust, Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake on the middle shelf of the smoker until golden brown, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool, enjoy with custard.
1. Place custard mixture, sugar and remaining milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat on the Ozpig, stirring constantly until custard comes to the boil and thickens. Simmer, stirring for 1 minute.
|Specification||Traveller||Series 2||Big Pig|
(ground to top of chimney)
(ground to cooking surface)
(side to side)
|Cooking Surface||35cm x 25cm |
|26cm diameter round plate &|
34cm x 24cm large plate
|49cm x 21cm|
Removable stove top
|Door Opening||26cm Diameter||26cm Diameter||41cm x 16cm|
|Chimney Length||3 x 350mm pieces||3 x 300mm pieces||3 x 450mm pieces|
Choosing your Ozpig is just the beginning...
Ozpig stoves are tailor made for the outdoors. We created the Ozpig with a passion for the outdoors and a love for outdoor cooking and heating. With our unique open door, open top design, we have created outdoor stoves that give you flexibility in cooking while maximizing heat for your outdoor space.Learn More
We're excited you're joining us on this journey and we want to provide you with expert guidance, tips and tricks. Here at the Ozpig Oven Smoker Beginners Guide, you'll find everything from temperature and time charts, to understanding different types of fuel and how they work. We're glad you're here, simply click the tiles below to get started!Learn More
BUILT TOUGH TO WITHSTAND AUSSIE CONDITIONSThe Ozpig is born and bred in Australia and we know just how tough the conditions can be. With this knowledge behind us we’ve developed a 3 year limited structural warranty to give you piece of mind when it comes to buying your Ozpig. Unlike other cheaper products on the market only offering a 1 year warranty, we stand behind our product and know with the right care, your Ozpig will last as long you. Buy with Ozpig knowing you’re covered.Learn More
FIND A DEALER
The Ozpig is the clever Aussie invention created by the Shepherd family whose passion for great food and time spent with friends and family bought the concept to life, with a focus on real fire, real flavour and real heat. The Ozpig is more than just a grill. This is the ultimate in outdoor cooking and heating.