2-3kg pork butt (shoulder)
Ozpig Pork Rub
1. Preheat the Ozpig Oven Smoker to 120C (250F) indirect method.
2. Trim Pork of any thick, hard fat then coat generously with Ozpig Pork Rub on all sides.
3. Smoke with apple wood smoke for 3-4 hours until the internal temperature reaches approx 75C (165F). Spritz hourly with a little apple juice.
4. Place pork on a sheet of aluminium foil or in a foil tray and add a drizzle of honey and some chicken stock. Wrap up tight and return to the smoker.
5. When internal temperature reaches 95C (203F) remove and test with a skewer, if the skewer can be inserted all over without resistance the pork is done. If there is still resistance, allow to continue cooking until probe tender.
6. Remove pork from the heat and allow to rest for 1 hour before shredding pork
7. Place a generous portion of pulled pork on a buttered burger bun, top with coleslaw and a drizzle of your favourite BBQ sauce.
|Specification||Traveller||Series 2||Big Pig|
(ground to top of chimney)
(ground to cooking surface)
(side to side)
|Cooking Surface||35cm x 25cm |
|26cm diameter round plate &|
34cm x 24cm large plate
|49cm x 21cm|
Removable stove top
|Door Opening||26cm Diameter||26cm Diameter||41cm x 16cm|
|Chimney Length||3 x 350mm pieces||3 x 300mm pieces||3 x 450mm pieces|
Choosing your Ozpig is just the beginning...
Ozpig stoves are tailor made for the outdoors. We created the Ozpig with a passion for the outdoors and a love for outdoor cooking and heating. With our unique open door, open top design, we have created outdoor stoves that give you flexibility in cooking while maximizing heat for your outdoor space.Learn More
We're excited you're joining us on this journey and we want to provide you with expert guidance, tips and tricks. Here at the Ozpig Oven Smoker Beginners Guide, you'll find everything from temperature and time charts, to understanding different types of fuel and how they work. We're glad you're here, simply click the tiles below to get started!Learn More
BUILT TOUGH TO WITHSTAND AUSSIE CONDITIONSThe Ozpig is born and bred in Australia and we know just how tough the conditions can be. With this knowledge behind us we’ve developed a 3 year limited structural warranty to give you piece of mind when it comes to buying your Ozpig. Unlike other cheaper products on the market only offering a 1 year warranty, we stand behind our product and know with the right care, your Ozpig will last as long you. Buy with Ozpig knowing you’re covered.Learn More
FIND A DEALER
The Ozpig is the clever Aussie invention created by the Shepherd family whose passion for great food and time spent with friends and family bought the concept to life, with a focus on real fire, real flavour and real heat. The Ozpig is more than just a grill. This is the ultimate in outdoor cooking and heating.