1 - 1.5kg tri tip steak
Ozpig Beef Rub
Honey Mustard Dressing
1 cup Greek yoghurt
2 tbsp of American mustard
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
Splash of lime or lemon juice
Salt and Pepper
Chopped chives, coriander and thyme to taste
1. Bring the Ozpig Oven Smoker up to 250 - 300f (120-150c).
2. Season the tri tip in Ozpig Beef Rub and place into the Oven Smoker.
3. Smoke until you reach an internal temperature to your desired doneness. Medium rare is 52c internal.
4. While the steak is resting prepare the honey mustard dressing. We'll come back to the searing stage once the steak has rested.
Honey Mustard Dressing
1. Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. Set aside.
1. Place a cast iron skillet directly onto the coals in the belly of your Ozpig.
2. Let the pan get super hot. When the pan is hot, place the steak in, moving the steak every 30 second until desired crust/sear has been achieved.
3. Slice steak against the grain and serve on a bed of coleslaw with the honey mustard dressing drizzled over the top.
|Specification||Traveller||Series 2||Big Pig|
(ground to top of chimney)
(ground to cooking surface)
(side to side)
|Cooking Surface||35cm x 25cm |
|26cm diameter round plate &|
34cm x 24cm large plate
|49cm x 21cm|
Removable stove top
|Door Opening||26cm Diameter||26cm Diameter||41cm x 16cm|
|Chimney Length||3 x 350mm pieces||3 x 300mm pieces||3 x 450mm pieces|
Choosing your Ozpig is just the beginning...
Ozpig stoves are tailor made for the outdoors. We created the Ozpig with a passion for the outdoors and a love for outdoor cooking and heating. With our unique open door, open top design, we have created outdoor stoves that give you flexibility in cooking while maximizing heat for your outdoor space.Learn More
We're excited you're joining us on this journey and we want to provide you with expert guidance, tips and tricks. Here at the Ozpig Oven Smoker Beginners Guide, you'll find everything from temperature and time charts, to understanding different types of fuel and how they work. We're glad you're here, simply click the tiles below to get started!Learn More
BUILT TOUGH TO WITHSTAND AUSSIE CONDITIONSThe Ozpig is born and bred in Australia and we know just how tough the conditions can be. With this knowledge behind us we’ve developed a 3 year limited structural warranty to give you piece of mind when it comes to buying your Ozpig. Unlike other cheaper products on the market only offering a 1 year warranty, we stand behind our product and know with the right care, your Ozpig will last as long you. Buy with Ozpig knowing you’re covered.Learn More
FIND A DEALER
The Ozpig is the clever Aussie invention created by the Shepherd family whose passion for great food and time spent with friends and family bought the concept to life, with a focus on real fire, real flavour and real heat. The Ozpig is more than just a grill. This is the ultimate in outdoor cooking and heating.