500g+ marbled T-Bone steak
Ozpig Beef Rub
50ml good quality cognac
¼ cup beef stock
¼ cup cream
3 tsp coarse ground black pepper
1. Fire up your Ozpig so that your fire is roaring. We like to use a base of lit Heat Beads lump charcoal and then cherry wood logs on top.
2. Season your steak with your favourite beef rub and let tack up at room temperature for 5 minutes.
3. Place pan on top of OzPig over direct heat and heat for 1 minute.
4. Sear steak in pan, turning every 30 seconds until desired doneness achieved. We find an internal temp of 130-135F for T-Bone works a treat. 5. Remove steak from pan and loosely wrap in foil.
Pepper Cream Sauce
1. Add cognac into the same pan the steak cooked in and let it simmer at high heat for 90 seconds (this burns off all the alcohol).
2. Add beef broth and simmer on high heat for 3 minutes (or until it reduces by half).
3. Remove pan from heat, add cream and pepper and stir.
4. Return pan to heat for 2 minutes until it starts to boil (stirring continuously).
5. Remove pan from heat and transfer to serving bowl.
Once steak has rested for at least the same time it took to cook, slice the meat off the bone and cut into desired thickness.
Serve immediately with the pepper cream cognac sauce.
|Specification||Traveller||Series 2||Big Pig|
(ground to top of chimney)
(ground to cooking surface)
(side to side)
|Cooking Surface||35cm x 25cm |
|26cm diameter round plate &|
34cm x 24cm large plate
|49cm x 21cm|
Removable stove top
|Door Opening||26cm Diameter||26cm Diameter||41cm x 16cm|
|Chimney Length||3 x 350mm pieces||3 x 300mm pieces||3 x 450mm pieces|
Choosing your Ozpig is just the beginning...
Ozpig stoves are tailor made for the outdoors. We created the Ozpig with a passion for the outdoors and a love for outdoor cooking and heating. With our unique open door, open top design, we have created outdoor stoves that give you flexibility in cooking while maximizing heat for your outdoor space.Learn More
We're excited you're joining us on this journey and we want to provide you with expert guidance, tips and tricks. Here at the Ozpig Oven Smoker Beginners Guide, you'll find everything from temperature and time charts, to understanding different types of fuel and how they work. We're glad you're here, simply click the tiles below to get started!Learn More
BUILT TOUGH TO WITHSTAND AUSSIE CONDITIONSThe Ozpig is born and bred in Australia and we know just how tough the conditions can be. With this knowledge behind us we’ve developed a 3 year limited structural warranty to give you piece of mind when it comes to buying your Ozpig. Unlike other cheaper products on the market only offering a 1 year warranty, we stand behind our product and know with the right care, your Ozpig will last as long you. Buy with Ozpig knowing you’re covered.Learn More
FIND A DEALER
The Ozpig is the clever Aussie invention created by the Shepherd family whose passion for great food and time spent with friends and family bought the concept to life, with a focus on real fire, real flavour and real heat. The Ozpig is more than just a grill. This is the ultimate in outdoor cooking and heating.