Self saucing chocolate puddingRecipe by Brad Lumb
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- 3 cups s/r flour
- 200 ml milk (more or less)
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3tbsp Cocoa
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups hot water
- 2tbsp golden syrup
- In recipe types: Camp Oven Cooking
- In a bowl mix together flour, caster sugar and cocoa. Add butter and rub through dry ingredients with fingers until fine crumbs form.
- Add milk and mix with a spoon until combined...turn out on the bench and combine with your hands adding flour or milk until you have a dryish damper.
- For sauce mix brown sugar and cocoa powder together well. Dissolve golden syrup in 2 cups of hot water.
- In a pre heated camp oven or a cake tin inside a camp oven lined with baking paper add damper and push down flat like a cake.
- Sprinkle cocoa and brown sugar mix over the top..then gently pour in hotwater/syrup mix. Place lid on and cook in medium hot camp oven for 30 minutes.