Simple Bread and Butter PuddingRecipe by Assunta
- Cooking time: 50 mins
- Aluminium foil
- 4 to 5 eggs beaten
- 2 cups full cream milk
- 3 tbsp. of sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- Buttered stale bread or left over raisin bread
Tip: Left over croissants or plain donuts can also be perfect for this recipe. For a different flavour; spread bread or croissants with jam, or sprinkle with chopped dried fruit. Maybe add a little Nutmeg to the milk!
- In recipe types: Camp Oven Cooking
- Remove the crust from the bread and add your chosen spread to one side.
- Place 2 layers of bread into your buttered pudding dish or tin. Mix together the eggs, milk, vanilla essence and sugar and pour over the prepared bread lining the dish.
- It is important to allow bread to soak for at least 5 to 10 minutes before baking
- Cover with foil and place on the trivet, then fill the camp oven with enough hot water to reach at least ¼ of the height of the pudding dish, then place the lid on top.
- Place your camp oven directly over the fire until you see the water boil.
- Remove camp oven and place it on the side warming plate while ensuring the side of the camp oven is in contact with the Ozpig.
- Cook on low heat and rotate the camp oven from time to time to evenly distribute the heat for between 30 – 40 minutes
Finishing Tip: To brown the top: remove the foil and place hot heat beads or coal on the lid for the last 5 to 10 minutes.